Thursday, September 6, 2007

Humor for my fellow BJU Alumni...

I graduated from Bob Jones University in 1993 and promptly joined their Alumni Association, with which I have achieved life membership status. Because I joined before graduation, I received a wallet-sized, laminated miniature of my diploma. Many of us carry them in our wallets to this day.

A couple weeks ago, when I started working a temp job, I had forgotten to take my Social Security card with me...so I had to stop by their office and have them make a copy of it. Not a problem. Then the receptionist asked me, "Did you bring a copy of your diploma?"

I remembered at that moment that in the paperwork I received, it did say that for this job, the person had to be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma. No one had told me to bring a copy of my high school diploma so that it would be on file.

Guess what I offered her? She took it, made a copy, and all is well.

No comments: