Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hymn of the Week: Saved, Saved

The words of this hymn speak clearly and simply to some of the most basic doctrinal truths: My Saviour loves me. He saved me, and secures my soul forever. He guides me, keeps me, and protects me.

"Life now is sweet and my joy is complete..." If you are saved and that phrase does not describe your existence today, pray to that One whose "love is ever true" and ask Him to change your life. It may involve repentance, forgiveness, dealing with bitterness, or dealing with a specific trial; but only Jesus can make your life fit the description of this hymn.

And if you are not saved, and you want these words to describe your life, please contact me. I would love to share the gospel of salvation with you.

Words & music by Jack P. Scholfield (1911)

Saved, Saved

I’ve found a Friend, who is all to me,
His love is ever true;
I love to tell how He lifted me
And what His grace can do for you.

Refrain

Saved by His power divine,
Saved to new life sublime!
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete,
For I’m saved, saved, saved!

He saves me from every sin and harm,
Secures my soul each day;
I’m leaning strong on His mighty arm;
I know He’ll guide me all the way.

Refrain

When poor and needy and all alone,
In love He said to me,
“Come unto Me and I’ll lead you home,
To live with Me eternally.”

Refrain

No comments: