Thursday, April 30, 2009

And Then There's the Vice-President's Comments...

Two minutes after I finished the last post, I hear on the radio that our [remove disrespectful adjective here] vice-president had the following scare-mongering to say:

"I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now," Biden said. "It's not that its going to Mexico, it's that you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."

He added that his advice is offered as a means to slow down the spread of the flu, which has now resulted in infections in 11 states and 100 schools being shut down around the nation.

"I would not be at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. From my perspective, it relates to is mitigation. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft, a closed container, closed car, a closed classroom, it's a different thing," Biden said.

This from the man who famously rode Amtrak thousands of times. Naturally, the Air Transport Association is unhappy with the comments, and his office tried to smooth over his comments to say something...else.

Remember: There are far fewer people roaming America with this flu virus than there are carrying other communicable things.

No comments: