Monday, November 9, 2009

Hymn of the Week: My Hope Is in the Lord

My hope is not in man. It better not be! My hope is not in Congress...and certainly not after Saturday night's House vote! My hope is not in anyone's good works. My hope is certainly not in myself.

None of the above can save my soul. None of the above is Truth. None of the above can determine my eternal destiny.

Only the Lord Jesus Christ, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, can provide me with hope, for only He can save a soul. He alone can deliver me from my deserved damnation. When all else fails, and when depressing thoughts grip the soul, He alone can give grace, hope, comfort, and strength.

My hope is in Him. Is yours?

My Hope Is in the Lord

My hope is in the Lord
Who gave Himself for me,
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

Refrain

For me He died, For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives.

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress.
My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.

Refrain

And now for me He stands
Before the Father's throne.
He shows His wounded hands, and names me as His own.

Refrain

His grace has planned it all,
'Tis mine but to believe,
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

Refrain

No comments: