Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hymn of the Week: Beyond the Sunset

This 20th-century hymn, written by Virgil Brock and Blanche Kerr Brock, reminds us of the coming day when these earthly trials will have ended, and we who have accepted Christ as Saviour spend our eternity in heaven, fellowshipping with Him and with our loved ones who are there.

This is a point worth meditating upon: Someday, I will not have to worry about paying the bills, aches and pains, friends who have wronged me, or lousy weather. Someday, I will be in a place where "no storms will threaten, no fears annoy" and where my Saviour and many of my loved ones will welcome me. And my time there will be infinitely longer than my time here!

Be encouraged by the words of this song. (This song is still copyrighted, 1936, by the Rodeheaver Co.)

Beyond The Sunset

Beyond the sunset, O blissful morning,
When with our Savior heaven is begun,
Earth's toiling ended, O glorious dawning;
Beyond the sunset, when day is done.

Beyond the sunset, no clouds will gather,
No storms will threaten, no fears annoy;
O day of gladness, O day unending,
Beyond the sunset, eternal joy!

Beyond the sunset, a hand will guide me
To God, the Father, whom I adore;
His glorious presence, His words of welcome,
Will be my portion on that fair shore.

Beyond the sunset, O glad reunion,
With our dear loved ones who've gone before;
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting,
Beyond the sunset forevermore!

No comments: