Monday, May 31, 2010

Indy 500 and Seat Belts

Yesterday, while watching the Indy 500, I was treated to a number of commercials about the "Click It or Ticket" campaign, which tried to encourage me to wear my seat belt. The annoying thing about these commercials [aside from the inherently annoying "Beep Beep" theme] is that they were likely paid for by my tax dollars, spent by a government which has no extra money.

After the race, Dario Franchitti (the winner), his wife, his car owner, two others I didn't identify, and a driver all piled into a Corvette and took a victory lap around the 2.5-mile track.

For those who haven't yet had the thought: A Corvette only has two seat belts.

But at least they were seated. Take a look at this video of Helio Castroneves's victory lap a year ago:

Thanks to theblogprof for the link!

No comments: