Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hymn of the Week: Make Me A Blessing

My purpose on this earth is not to serve myself. Selfishness comes so naturally; my desires tend to be to please myself and feed my desires.

This hymn captures the essence of our duty to others: Share the Gospel, and minister to needs. May we each seek to do this in the week ahead.

The words are by Ira B. Wilson, and the tune is by George Schuler.

Make Me A Blessing

Out in the highways and byways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.

Refrain
Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Saviour, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
Tell of his power to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
True, every moment you live.

Refrain

Give as 'twas given to you in your need,
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true.

Refrain

No comments: