Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good News From Our Home

For those of you who know me, there is some good news on the job front...

I learned today that I have received the thumbs up for the one job I was most certain I would qualify for and get: Substitute teaching in the county public schools. I have been cleared, paperwork is complete, etc. School starts here on Sept. 4. Of course, I would selfishly prefer a full-time teaching opportunity, but this should help pay the bills.

In the meantime, I should have a temporary job by Monday...I think. The temp agency had not hooked me up with a "good match" job all summer. More on this later.

I was providentially in the right place at the right time today...many of you know that I tutor online. Scheduling during the summer months is somewhat rationed, since demand decreases a lot; therefore, I am happy to get any hours I can. I was at the computer today when hours allotted for tonight and tomorrow evening were added—so I was able to add 11 hours to the 16 I had already managed to claim for this week.

We praise the Lord for His provision. For those of you who have been praying about this, thank you.

1 comment:

Ted Taylor said...

Ken,

This is very good news! I have been praying daily for you and your family. I will pray for a permanent position.

Ted Taylor